Postdoctoral Fellowship in Analytical Chemistry at California Institute for Biomedical Research (CA, United States)
Location: La Jolla, CA, United States
Deadline: June 14, 2016
Description:The California Institute for Biomedical Research (Calibr) is seeking talented Postdoctoral Fellow candidates to join a dynamic, interdisciplinary team of scientists focused on early stage translational research. Calibr is seeking a highly motivated individual within Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism group (La Jolla, CA) who will focus on providing in vitro and bioanalytical support for discovery and development of novel drug candidates for the treatment of various diseases with high unmet medical need. The position requires good bioanalytical skills and laboratory experience, with an emphasis on in vitro experiments and use of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and automation. This role will perform experiments, organize, and analyze results, as well as communicate and present in team meetings. This role will be expected to follow established experimental protocols as well as develop and implement new assays as required. Work will be published in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals. On successful completion of the program, the fellows fluent in both Mandarin and English will have the opportunity to transition to a permanent position at the Global Health Drug Discovery Institute, which is to be established in Beijing China by Tsinghua University and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Developing small molecule LC-MS/MS methods and quantifying in various biological matrices (plasma, brain, whole-blood, etc) in support of exploratory PK and other in vivo efficacy studies
- Organizing analytical run data and analyzing results
- Performing non-compartmental analysis and reporting results to project teams
- Prefer experience in performing in vitro ADME assays including solubility, Cyp P450, metabolic stability and metabolite ID
- Maintaining one LC-MS/MS system (AbSciex) and independently troubleshooting when needed
- Participating in group project meetings
- Maintaining proper documentation, such as laboratory notebooks and/or computer files
- Maintaining excellent written and oral communication with supervisors, peers, and team members at all times
- Ph.D. in pharmacokinetics, analytical chemistry, or a related field
- Proven general knowledge in pharmacokinetics and LC-MS/MS
- Profound literature search skills, the ability to design experiments to determine ADME/PK properties of small molecules.
- Highly motivated, creative, and able to maintain excellent documentation of their work
- Proven ability to work independently and troubleshoot effectively
- Highly motivated, organized, proactive, and capable of multi-tasking
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and collaborative communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Calibr is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply at email@example.com. Please refer to job #79052 in the email subject line. …
To apply for this position and further information, please click the logo (below).
Looking for job like this? Subscribe to our jobs newsletter and never miss any opportunity