Postdoc-Ohthalmology (16000000PU)-The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, USA (Tennessee)
Location: Memphis, TN, United States
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) in Memphis includes the Colleges of Allied Health Sciences, Dentistry, Graduate Health Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy.
There are also graduate medical education programs in Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville, family medicine centers in Knoxville, Jackson, and Memphis, and public and continuing education programs across the state. The Health Science Center is part of the statewide, multi-campus University of Tennessee system.
The following are examples of typical duties. Other duties may be assigned. Essential duties should be identified on a more specific working job description.
- Establishes relationships with the physicians and support staff to determine appropriate videography technique to ensure patient safety and anonymity.
- Surgical video collection, editing, and formatting.
- Assists faculty researchers and other collaborators, or may act independently, in planning and designing research experiments; establishing priorities and recommending schedules, time tables and costs.
- Presentation of project results to internal and external parties.
- Operates specialized recording and video equipment.
- Effectively uses available technology to facilitate the success of the project.
- Liaisons with other UTHSC departments, outside collaborators, and others to ensure success of project.
- Engaged in writing of technical publications and reports.
- May be responsible for training staff, assistants, or student employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of the video system
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Skill in recording, editing, and finalizing videos.
- The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a MD in the subject discipline by the time of appointment. Relatively recent graduate or graduation by the time of appointment.
Salary will be commensurate with relevant experience and based on the prevailing wage for postdoctoral research trainees set by the U.S. Department of Labor. The position includes an excellent benefits package (//www.uthsc.edu/postdoc/benefits.php). Located in Memphis, a dynamic Mid-South city rich in culture, history, diversity, music and cuisine, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is one of the largest, most comprehensive academic
How to apply
To apply for this position and further information, please click the logo (below).
Looking for job like this? Subscribe to our jobs newsletter and never miss any opportunity