Postdoc-Cancer Molecular Genetics-German Cancer Research Center, Germany (Essen)
Location: Essen, Germany
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 2,700 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Molecular Genetics of Breast Cancer is seeking an Experienced Postdoctoral Fellow (Ref-No. 144/2016). The Research Group Molecular Genetics of Breast Cancer at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg has a long-standing experience in breast cancer genetics and prevention. Research studies focus on the identification of (epi)genetic and non-genetic factors associated with breast cancer risk, prognosis and prediction of endocrine treatment outcome in European, Asian and Hispanic populations. This work is performed in collaboration with basic scientists, clinicians, and statisticians in Heidelberg and elsewhere, and as part of several national and international breast cancer consortia.
The successful candidate will
- investigate the role of (epi)genetic and non-genetic factors on breast cancer risk, prognosis and prediction of endocrine treatment outcome
- develop independent research questions related to these research areas
- be involved in the coordination of the collaborative works
- supervise and train doctoral students
- PhD in biology, cell biology or molecular epidemiology
- Excellent knowledge in cancer (epi)genetics, cancer biology and molecular epidemiology
- Good communication skills to actively participate in our collaborations with local researchers and within national and international research networks
- Experience in analytical and standard statistical methods
- Excellent command of oral and written English
Applications including a cover letter, CV and three reference letters should be submitted as one single PDF.
The position is initially limited to 2 years. The position can in principle be part-time.
For further information please contact
Prof. Dr. Ute Hamann, phone +49 6221 42-2344.
The German Cancer Research Center is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and encourages female applicants to apply. Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
How to apply
To apply for a position please use our online application portal (www.dkfz.de/jobs).
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personal- und Sozialwesen, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.