Postdoc-Associate Specialist-Autophagy-Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences, Switzerland (Lausanne)
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) has recently been established to deliver world class excellence in biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
The Institute combines latest technologies and biomedical knowledge to study the molecular mechanisms of chronic diseases. Large-scale omics capabilities including genomics, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics and nutritional phenotyping are integrated with bioinformatics and systems biology to generate holistic molecular insights into nutritionally actionable conditions. Using this integrated approach we are developing nutritional approaches to prevent disease, to promote healthy aging as well as to fulfil specific nutritional requirements on patients.
Demonstrating strong result focus and analytical skills, you will be working in a dynamic, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary research environment. In this role you will be designing, executing and analysing pre-clinical experiments to test the benefits of nutritional induction of autophagy during muscle aging.
- Design and conduct pre-clinical experiments investigating the nutritional modulation of autophagy in skeletal muscle
- Develop cellular assays that monitor autophagy induction and flux
- Test natural bioactives and their synergistic effects on autophagy induction
- Review literature & manage operational aspects of the project
- Analyze and present high-quality data at internal meetings and international research conferences.
- Prepare data for scientific publications
Education and experience
- PhD in Biology and/or related fields
- Experience with cellular and in vivo models related to autophagy
- Previous work on muscle function, metabolism and aging is considered as an advantage
- Excellent knowledge in physiology, molecular biology and biochemistry
- Proven track of successful scientific publications
- Fluency in English
Show us that you demonstrate excellent organizing skills, rigor in your work and are willing to learn new analytical approaches and models. Being proactive and autonomous and in the same time demonstrating team spirit, is what will set you apart from the other candidates. Your creativity and positive attitude will be highly appreciated in our fast-pace and very international environment.
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences is based on the campus of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We offer a truly international and innovative working environment and we will foster an academic research. Please find more information on //www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining us and to create and implement NIHS as new leading research Institution, then apply in English now at www.nestle.com/ with a complete application including CV, cover letter, work certificates, references and publications.